Sunday, July 12, 2009

Book #26-30: Emily Giffin books

There is something satisfying about knowing you have read all an author's books. Even if she's only written four: Something Borrowed, Something Blue, Baby Proof and Love the One You're With.

The past few weeks I have been devouring Emily Giffin's books. Every time I go to Borders, I seemed to be drawn to her books' covers (I guess I do judge a book by its cover). Finally, I gave in and picked up two of her books at my library and reserved the other two.

It's not that her books are fantastic. What they are is tried-and-true chick lit. They're all set in New York. The protagonists all have to-die-for careers. Etc. Etc. I did like that for the most part the protagonists are all very much adult. These aren't characters who live *fabulous* New York lives. For the most part, the protagonists are very relatable and easy to root for.

No comments: