Sunday, May 10, 2009

Book #18: A Christmas Carol

Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol : With 45 Lost Gustave Dore Engravings (1861) and 130 Other Victorian Illustrations Charles Dickens' A Christmas Carol : With 45 Lost Gustave Dore Engravings (1861) and 130 Other Victorian Illustrations by Charles Dickens

My review

rating: 3 of 5 stars
I had forgotten how much I enjoyed Charles Dickens and how witty his prose was. I chose this book because it is on the MLA Must-Read List. It was the shortest Dickens' work on the list, so I figured it was the place to start. I hadn't read Dickens since high school (Hard Times) and his writing style was now unfamiliar to me.

I can't say I loved this book, but I did enjoy it. The story is well-known to most of us, so it was interesting to read the original version. Next Dickens books on the list are Great Expectations and David Cooperfield.

View all my reviews.

No comments: