Thursday, January 29, 2009

Book #4: Dreams from My Father

Dreams from My Father Dreams from My Father by Barack Obama

My review

rating: 4 of 5 stars
The book opened quickly for me and I was engrossed instantly. I will say I found the section about Hawaii and Chicago the most interesting. I did not dig the Africa section, but I'm not surprised by that. (Other books set in Africa kind of fall flat with me -- yes even The Constant Gardener and The Poisonwood Bible...I don't know what it is.)

What amazed me most while reading this book was that the author is now our president. He wrote such an honest book, talking about his struggles and faults, and he has still managed to win the majority of Americans over. I was also impressed with Obama's use of literary devices. All around a good -- very inspiring -- read.

View all my reviews.

No comments: