Monday, December 29, 2008

Ouch.

Les Miles' Body Pump is NOT my friend.

I took my first Body Pump class at the new Lowell gym today, and it was not pretty. My upper body must literally have no muscle whatsoever, because it was shaking within the chest set. (For those of you who don't know about Body Pump, it's a 55-minute class that is broken up into 10 "tracks" that is set to music. Each track works a different muscle group — warm up, gluts, chest, back, triceps, biceps, calves, shoulders, abs, cool down.)

Let's just say that it hurts to raise my arm to drink from my water bottle.

I WILL stick with it, but it's going to be tough. I really need to work on my upper body strength and focus. My lower body strength and abs are all right. I'm hoping to do Body Pump three times a week and run three times a week. My goal is to run the Hogeye 5k in early April and the four-mile Trolley Run in Kansas City with Erin at the end of April. That's a lot of fitness goals to have for the first four months of the year, but I figure if I throw enough shit on the wall, something has got to stick, right?

No comments: