Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thanksgiving Menu

We're within a week of Thanksgiving. Ryan and I did the bulk of our shopping last night (what a great way to start off date night, eh?) and I'm proud of announce our menu.

Turkey
Cranberry Relish
Challah Stuffing
Salad with homemade dressing
Egg Salad
Butternut squash side
Mashed potatoes with turkey gravy
Turkey gravy
Green Beans
Sweet Potato Biscuits
Pumpkin Pie
Apple Pie
Mystery Pie #1
Ice Cream and Cool whip for garnish

Many thanks to Dustin, Patty and my grandma for lending recipes. Also thanks in advance to our eight guests who are helping make this feast happen. I am spending the afternoon laundering our linens in preparation.

I'm most excited to try my hand at the turkey (my first one), the sweet potato biscuits and the pumpkin pie (instead of using evaporated milk I'm using vanilla ice cream). It could all go very, very well, or we could end up ordering pizza.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow that is so much food! (Although you do have 8 guests...;) ) Sounds good!

Michelle said...

I know it's tons of food! I'm personally picky so I probably will stick with the basics (stuffing, mashed potatoes, biscuits, and pie for me). Hopefully people will bring to-go containers!