Sunday, November 23, 2008

Clothing Ban?

I'm thinking of banning myself from purchasing clothing for... I don't know how long.

My friend says I wouldn't last two hours.

The thing is -- I never need to do laundry. I've finally gotten to a place where I can reasonably wear whatever is in my closet. I'm no longer trendy and I have a wardrobe from skinny to roomy. I can where whatever I want to work -- including sweats on Sundays. So why would I need to purchase clothes except for a pick-me-up?

Shopping for clothes drains my bank account. I earned Luxe status at Banana Republic this year, and I'm too embarrassed to tell you what that means.

So, dear readers, how long do you think I could make it? And should this include all shoes and accessories?

2 comments:

maris said...

ooo, i know what luxe status means. oh, do i.

i say you start the ban, but leave wiggle room for the pick-me-ups. they live up to their namesake, and as long as they're in moderation, hell's bells to the bank account.

-m

Mrs B said...

or you can send the web link to your favorite item to your Mom.
Love you!
Mom