Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Boy, am I hungry...



I don't know if I'm going to make it this year.

Yom Kippur, the Day of Atonement (imagine that being said in a voice out of an old horror flick, and you get the point), began at sundown tonight. This is the my third year fasting, but my first when I didn't take the proper precautions (i.e. eating so much food that I pass out and wake up only hours before I can eat again).

You see, Ryan and I are driving to Omaha tomorrow for break fast and for our reception. Because of that, I was running around like a mad woman all day getting ready, leaving me little time for eating. I had a decent lunch (I cooked spinach and cheese calzones this morning), but after that it got a little sketchy. I managed to remember to eat some chocolate chip cookies (for blood sugar purposes of course) about 3 p.m. Then, as I was racing to Kol Nidre services, I peeled an orange, getting juice all over my shirt, and stuffed a Sonic Junior Burger down my throat with some water.

I can't with a straight face say I must eat, so I suppose I will suffer through the seven-hour car trip with my book and Ryan to keep my mind distracted from what my stomach is screaming.

For those of you who are read this by e-mail, I have changed your settings so that you only get a preview in your e-mail. My mother-in-law pointed out that those of you who read my blog exclusively via your inbox often miss out on videos and photos that I post.

So, sorry for the inconvenience, but you're going to have to do a little work to read this from now on.

No comments: