Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Oops

So because I've been on the lean side lately, I decided to treat myself to a Sonic Jr. Burger for lunch.

The order-taker asked if I wanted cheese on my hamburger. I said no (of course).

Then it took me a second for me to decide what I wanted to drink. I thought, what the heck, I could stand to gain a bit so why not go all out and order a milkshake. And so I did.

As I was driving south down Thompson Boulevard with a hamburger in one hand and a milkshake in the other, something just seemed a little off. Then it hit me.

And I paid for it...dearly. Not mixing meat and dairy and suddenly doing it after more than three months did a number on my digestive system.

That was probably an over-share.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

I think the more accurate title for this post would be "Oops, I crapped my pants."

Jody said...

When my uncle, Senator Ed Zorinsky (D-NE)died, many US senators came to Omaha for his funeral. Senator Orrin Hatch (R-UT)gave the eulogy. He told a story about when the two of them were in China all they wanted was a cheeseburger from McDonalds! Everybody laughed but I kept thinking here we are in a synagogue and he's talking about cheeseburgers. Now, my uncle didn't keep kosher but it just seemed like an "oops" story. I'm sure Senator Hatch didn't realize his faux pas!

Joseph said...

hey thanks! you get a link on my page now, oversharer.

Z-Man said...

Just came across your blog. I think it is pretty cool you are blogging your "Jewish Experience".
I am impressed. Keeping Kosher and not even mixing milk and meat almost makes you a "Super Jew". Most of us just draw the line at pork chops.
I have been Jewish my entire life but have never considered even attempting to keep Kosher. I cant imagine how hard it must be here in NWA. Mayby it would be easier in Memphis, St. Louis, K.C. or any other large city but here in NWA I think it would be near impossible.
Good Luck to both of you.