Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Two quick thoughts and a correction

Thought 1: Rabbi Jacob e-mailed me on Saturday to get times I would be available for a Basic Judaism course with other people interested in converting or learning more about the religion. Part of me is upset he didn't do this months ago, but I'm trying to be happy that he's gotten this far.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that my crazy schedules will be able to work with other people's crazy schedules. Here's hoping.

Thought 2: My friend went to a literary festival in Little Rock this weekend. A prominent writer on atheism was there. She wasn't sure, but she gathered from the talk that he was a born-Jew, because he talked about how Judaism was the most secular religion. I'm definitely find some truth to that, but I think a lot of religious Jews would find a lot of fault in that as well.

A correction: Last week when I wrote about the afterlife, I mentioned that Thursday was the 15th anniversary of my sister's death. That is wrong. Thursday is her 22nd birthday. I must have been writing faster than my brain was processing. I just wanted to clear that up. This summer, July 11, will be the 15th anniversary of her death.

No comments: